Many superstitions are associated with hats, several now being modified into rules for manners and etiquette.
- A hat left on a bed is bad luck. You should expect a quarrel in the household before the day is over.
- Leaving a hat on a table is bad luck.
- Wearing a hat indoors will give you a headache.
- Putting a hat on backwards will bring bad luck, unless you go out right away and buy a new hat to reverse the luck.
- A bridegroom who forgets his hat for the wedding will turn into an unreliable husband.
- A lady putting on a gentleman’s hat is waiting to be kissed.
- Women wearing hats in a church will be visited by ill-fortune.
- Wearing a hat this is too tight will cause hair loss.